Distributor

The ‘Bird when purchased came with an aftermarket distributor installed. The car ran, but poorly.

Popping off the distributor cap, I discovered that the pickups were rusty and in bad shape.
Inside the cap, things didn’t look too bad, but I decided to replace the distributor, cap and wires, just for completeness sake.
The new distributor dropped in easily, unlike some cars I’ve had. Probably the hardest part of the job was custom cutting the new wires and getting the boots in place.
I cleaned off the harmonic balancer and highlighted the timing marks. They were still hard to see, but visible enough. I set the timing to 10 degrees.

In the end, the ‘Bird was running nicely.

poster
Test run with new distributor
00:00
--
/
--

Leave a Reply