Break Failure

I bent up a nice looking replacement line for my brakes this morning. I had gotten a decent flare on a test piece earlier, so I set up the flaring tool to finish the real thing. For whatever reason, the final flares both had minute cracks in the sealing surface–guaranteed to leak.

I had extra length to work with (planning ahead for this eventuality), so I cut the tube and started again. As I clamped the tub in the flaring tool, a pin in the clamp failed and the tool fell apart.

NAPA offered me a replacement, but I got my $80 back instead. This job will be finished by a mechanic.

 

Leave a Reply